NSS Beth El's Social Action Committee helps individuals and families work together to perform meaningful mitzvot that benefit both our Jewish Community and the larger community around us. We believe that congregants of all ages grow from the experience of volunteering and giving. We look for programs that emphasize the core values of tikkun olam.
Jacqueline Kott-Wolle email@example.com
Mary Channon firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for ways to help ALL year?
See below for our list of ongoing projects, including Take A Bite Out of Hunger and JUF Uptown Café.
JOIN our Friends of Social Action email list.
SAVE THE DATE!
February 26, 2017
This year, in honor of our own Rabbi Michael Schwab's 13 years at Beth El, we are offering 13 projects in honor of his 13 years. Be sure to click on the Online Registration link for the complete details for each project.
1. Troop Support - Operation Baby Shower
2. SOS Survival on the Streets
4. Project Linus
5. Books and Bookmarks for Families Helping Families Chicagoland and Bernie's
6.Bring your Dog to Brentwood
7. Genizah Clean Up
8. Packers for NIFB
9. Girls Love Mail
10. Blood Drive
11. Letters to Lone Soldiers
12. Cans for Moraine
13. Welcome Home - Care Packages for a HIAS Sponsored Refugee family
Take A Bite Out Of Hunger
We are currently providing daily snacks and breakfast items to elementary schools in Highland Park. This could NOT happen without the generosity of our entire Beth El community.
Did you know that 28% of kids in district 112 are affected by food insecurity and rely on our donations?
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate Kellogg’s brand Nutri Grain Bars. Collection bins are located at the front of the Main office doors and Religious School doors.
- Contribute financially to the project. Contact the office to make your donation – let them know you are donating to Social Action.
- Deliver food donations to the schools – pickup from Beth El on Sunday and deliver on Monday. Contact Jacqueline Kott-Wolle at email@example.com to sign-up.
JUF Uptown Cafe Serve Brunch of Dinner to neighborhood needy at JUF Uptown Café – Ages 12+
Tuedsay, January 17
Tuesday, February 21
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Sign-up to volunteer at the Café – 909 W. Wilson, Chicago IL
Contact Rocky Rubinoff at Rochelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Mitzvah Opportunities